CLC has resumed Sunday Morning Onsite Services, but please read this for relaunch safety information.
The province recommends members of our congregations who are ‘seniors’ or have underlying health conditions refrain from attending ‘in-person’ services. Church Online will continue to be available and we encourage you to keep on attending ‘virtually’.
The same is true for families with young, active children. Until we are able to resume our regular children’s ministry, families will be asked to sit together in the auditorium for the duration of the service. We know how challenging this can be, so for some families Church Online and ‘Kid’s Church at Home’ may be the best option. If you choose to attend as a family, please prepare your children for this new reality.
We have said this before and it remains true, the health and safety of our church family is of utmost importance. As we return to live services, we are committed to following the recommendations outlined by the public health officials of our province to protect you and your family. Here’s what to expect when you come back to church.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Measures
* Planned seating – please email the church office and let us know how many from your household will be attending. This is so we can plan seating arrangements and ensure proper distancing between households.
* Health awareness – we all have a roll to play in preventing the spread of COVID-19. If you have symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat or have been in close contact with a suspected case of COVID-19, please stay home and use this self-assessment tool: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
* Physical distancing – we are asking that all attendees practice physical distancing from the parking lot through to being seated in the auditorium. There are lines on the paving stones & floor from the covered canopy to the auditorium entrance, to help us keep a safe distance from one another as we enter the building and wait to be seated.
* Masks – all volunteers will be provided with a mask. Attendees will not be provided with a mask, but are asked to bring their own, should they choose to wear one.
* Hand sanitizing stations – attenders are encouraged to use hand sanitizer immediately upon entering the building. There are stations at several locations in the facility – please use freely
* Once seated, we ask that you remain sitting together as a household unit and not move about within the auditorium.
* Our coffee bar will remain closed at this time.
Facility Cleaning Protocols:
* Our building will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected prior the service.
* All frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected periodically throughout the service.
* Washrooms: some stalls will be closed. There will be disinfecting wipes available in bathroom stalls for your safety & convenience.
Higher Risk Activities:
* Hugs – I know it’s tempting, but for now let’s limit our greetings to a smile and wave.
* Worship – our worship team will be the only ‘singers’ for now. Please feel free to clap, raise your hands and/or ‘sway to the music’ while our team leads us. It’s going to be a challenge, but singing is risky so leave it to the ‘professionals’.
* Offering – instead of passing the buckets, we will have 2 stations set up in the auditorium for you to give by debit, cheque or cash. Giving by e-transfer or with Tithe.ly are always available and can be done from home.
City Light Church
Please Email Us To Let Us Know You’re Coming: email@example.com